Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Summer That Forgot How to Blog....

Okay, so maybe I had a really awkward computer set up at our last house, and I hated to take the time to post pictures.... I have been chastised by many.  However, the setup has changed, and we had a very eventful summer.  So - if you are up for it - here is the longest post you will ever look at.  Enjoy!



My cousin Andra and her family came to visit and we got to visit the Santa Monica Pier with them - so much fun!




For Mother's Day I got a Nintendo Wii Fit... ok, the Wii first because Wii Fit was and is still sold out in SoCal.   What makes me laugh about this is that I am obviously not the one playing with it... :)

Elora will read anywhere!

Jackson loves to dress up like Daddy.

I think I have a picture very similar to this one of myself at this age!



First Space Chimps poster sighting!!  It was at a theatre in St. George, UT and featured Chris Bacon as composer.  Yeah!



Gotta love cuddles with Daddy...




Elora, Maddie, Jackson, and Hailey eating ice cream in Newport Beach, CA.



Off to see the wizard at the Newport Beach Temple!


Kite flying with Uncle Jason - thanks Jason!


The crew - doing our best to look like natives!

Together for the wedding of Stacey and Casey (finally!!!) at the Salt Lake Temple in Utah.

They will swim whenever possible!





This is what the Erdmann family REALLY looks like.....
And this is the picture they will hang on a wall. :)
Best buds... usually....


Still working on smiling for the camera!

It's SO hard to get her to smile normal and on purpose that I had to add this one in!

Jaydee, Jackson, Caleb, Elora, Savannah, and Mason - all the Erdmann grand-munchkins!  What I love in this one is Jackson's face as he is holding Caleb... he really has no clue what to do!


We got to ride in the paddle boat and go fishing with Grandpa Erdmann at Walsburg!  Dream come true for the kids - it was great!  They were a little freaked out when they actually caught a fish, though. :)


Jackson loved the zip line!



Classic.


Yes, my return to the stage.... well, the gymnasium at least.  I played Bianca in the Stake musical production of "Kiss Me, Kate"!  Totally different experience when you have two kids.... but I would do it again!













































10 comments:

Mom said...

YEAH!!!!

Julie said...

Congratulations Melia - I knew you could do it. :)

Ashlee said...

Thanks for posting! Your kids are soooo cute.

Jacobson Five said...

Glad to see you posting again. So you mentioned something about bad computer set up at the old house, did you folks move? We were just out there, tried to get a hold of you. Sorry we missed you.

Keri said...

Yay! I leave seeing pictures of your kids - they are so photogenic!Thanks for taking the time to catch us all up. :D

Kendall said...

It looks like you guys had a great summer. I'm still jealous that Reed got to see you guys.

Amber said...

You ARE alive! Huzzah!

Stacey Bacon said...

This post is officially the longest ever and I loved every picture! Case and I have a blog. Come check it out! staceyandcaseybacon.blogspot.com
Thanks for letting us come invade your house for the weekend...and then some. We love spending time with you guys! Love ya!

Sharon said...

I have been checking your blog from time to time over the past several months hoping that someday there would be something new and fun to look at. Thanks for your update!

I really wish Robby and I could have driven to Oregon with Andra and her family and stopped by to see you all.

Your kids are adorable! Is your family planning to go to Grandma's 90th? (No pressure, just curious.) Robby and I hope to go. It be so much fun to see all the little second cousins together.

Katie said...

Yeah!! I bet you didn't know I've been checking your blog for MONTHS (literally) hoping you would post. Looks like you've been super busy and having tons of fun. I look forward to finally being able to follow your adorable family on you blog (I actually have you linked from my blog so I'll be here often.. hope you don't mind!) Love you and miss you tons. You are truly one of my very favorite people and I think of you all the time!